Neo4j is a high performance graph database. It is ACID-compliant transactional database with native graph storage and processing.
Following figure shows the basic concepts in Neo4j:
It contains Nodes, Relationships, Properties and Labels:
- Nodes are the main elements and connected via relationships
- Nodes can have one or more properties (i.e., key/value pairs) and labels
- Relationships are directed and have one or more properties
- Properties are named values where the name(key) is a string
- Labels are used to group nodes into sets(groups)